Tuesday, June 26, 2012

An Actual Introduction

For the Record: I've actually been meaning to do an 'about me' post for awhile, especially after the last post. The fact that one of Literary+'s assignments asks for just that, a short bio, is very convenient and who this biography is for. Of course, depending on where you're coming from, some of the information may be already familiar to you. 

Right...where to begin? I was first inspired to write during high school where my best friend at the time went mad with his obsession of finding a girlfriend. Whereas at the same time, I broke up with someone who was overall obsessive to the point where her number was blocked in a effort to restore some sanity. I had started attending a local writing workshop at the library where I was able to expel those stresses with just five pages.

It was relaxing and turned writing into a hobby after a nice woman in my sophomore English Class encourage me to do much more with it. I wonder how she's been these days, after I was inundated with the peer pressure of mainstream politics after graduation thanks to new-found co-workers (or rather just one) and another writing workshop.

Now I'm writing again and embracing myself; an anglophile, geek, writer, and bookworm.

When I write, I listen to the critiques and rants of Mark Kermode. Yet, I'm not an overall movie person, spacing out during the middle of many a film wondering about other things. Speaking of wondering, I tend to think a lot. Sometimes I over-think as my family, friends, and biology lab partner have mentioned countless times.

On that, I'm a college student on the way to university after three years at community college. Even with all the pressures from high school graduation onwards, I still managed to graduate cum laude. And here I am, stubborn as ever.

Please to meet you!

EDIT: I didn't realize until late today (27 of June) that the assignment was updated to include a word limit for the bio. I was about 150 words too long with the bio. So I've wrote another one to fit the requirements at 100 exactly. 

Inspired to write first through high school drama and again when macaroni and cheese became a popular breakfast, I’ve documented the best and worst. The only part of that I didn’t document was being inundated with mainstream politics. It was like being buried alive. Thanks peer pressure. When I write, I listen to the critiques and rants of Mark Kermode. Yet, I’m not an overall movie person, wondering about other things. Speaking of wondering, I tend to think a lot. Sometimes overthink as my family, friends, and biology lab partner have mentioned. Even with all that, I still manage something.

No comments:

Post a Comment